Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Second year

Packing up my stuff into random boxes, digging through the piles of books underneath my bed, made me realize how fast this year has passed. At the start of the year, was very excited of coming back, being able to finally move out of a house, and move into a flat with my coursemate, Winnie. Freedom was one thing I always wanted and never could get. Guess studying abroad gave me alot of it. This year was definitely the one year I understood how screwed up life could be and how complicated it could get. However, it was also a year, I realize how important friends were (are). It was evident that everyone around me were really caring and loving. The late night calls, sleepovers, dinners and presents were indeed a blessing to me.

There was a period of time where I spent most of my time in bed under my duvet wishing the world would just stop and lay here with me. Happy songs didn't seem so happy anymore. But I suppose, people only grow through pain. God's presence was very real to me during this time, and I could really feel His love for me, through the small little things people around me did for me. Slowly but surely, I managed to get back up on my feet again. How time flies. It has already been two years I've been away from home, studying in university. BEING 21. It'll be hard to part with the people graduating this year.

I guess, for this year, what I've learnt is to trust God in all circumstances. No matter how dark the path seems to be, no matter how hard life feels at the moment, there's a greater plan for you at the other end. Hold on and keep persevering. Because at the end of the journey, it'll be worth it. You'll grow so much through that long painful journey. And God will amaze you with miracles. He will send people whom you don't expect to be there for you to care for you , and share in your pain.

On another note, I can't wait to go home to the two rascals and that old house in Cheras. How I miss the laid back life of Malaysia. And who could forget family love.

I'm a happy girl.

Hopefully I'll pass second year so I can say HELLO to third year! :)


No comments: